What’s not seen in within the frame? Errol Morris, director of Fog of War is releasing a new film on April 25th. Standard Operating Procedure sets out to examine the context of the disturbing (clearly an understatement) Abu Ghraib photographs taken by prison soldiers.Historically, during wartime photography has been used to shape people’s perceptions about war, patriotism, and nationalism. And it’s been done quite effectively…think Jane Fonda with the Viet Cong, the staged photo in Iwo Jima of the flag raising, and countless others. Paradoxically, the photos surfaced from Abu Ghraib arguably did not carry the weight of collective shame as a nation or military or government, but rather, the shame and blame of a few. “I Check out the trailer Vodpod videos no longer available. posted with vodpod
- Danny Kass hams it up at studionemo
- Beneath the Surface 5/1/09 by plainT
- Corey Arnold: Fish-Work @ Charles A. Hartman Fine Art.Studio nemo stopped by the Charles A. Hartman Fine Art Gallery this week to check out the work of Portland’s Corey Arnold. Make sure to stop by Dec. 4th for the opening ceremony and meet Corey in person. 134 NW 8th Avenue Portland, OR.
- WE MOVED!!! AND IT’S WAYYYY COOLER!
- Richardo Salamanca – Photo ILLUSTRATION of the day
SNOWBOARD--Cole Bara… on Cole Barash in the Nemo s… adora shumar on Cole Barash in the Nemo s… Rebekah Yoder on Behind the Lens with Tim … au on Lucia Holm farundalafan on Miley Cyrus nude. This is a PR…